Are you tired of your bathroom but don’t have a lot of money to renovate it? Remodeling your bathroom doesn’t always have to be expensive! There are a lot of tricks to keeping the cost down while still getting the bathroom you want.
First off, know what you want before starting any work in your bathroom. Jumping in and doing any serious renovations without a set plan can not only cost you more time, but it can also end up costing you big money. Set out what you want so you don’t make the mistake of buying materials, products, or fixtures that won’t work in your space. Once you know what you want to accomplish in your space, you can start thinking about ways to cut cost without cutting the quality.
Not sure where to start? Here are 10 ways to help you save money and make your bathroom pop!
1. Do it Yourself- Most of the work you can do yourself. Doing it yourself can cut the renovation cost in half. Only pay to have more complicated things done in your room. Be warned, however – before starting any major renovations you should make sure to research your project to ensure you truly know what you’re doing. Unresearched DIY projects can take an ugly – and oftentimes costly –turn.
2. Think Fabric- If you’re not a painter and don’t want to fight putting up wall paper then try adding fabric to the walls. It’s easy to put up and remove when you decide to remodel again and the best part is that it looks like wallpaper! Fabric also gives you more decorative options then standard paint or wallpaper would.
3. Let Mirrors and Artwork Complete Your Space- Mirrors can make your room look larger as well as lighter, and they can be an art piece on their own while reflecting the other art work you have in your bathroom!
4. Refurbish Old Cabinets for a Fresh Feel – New cabinets can make a space look and feel refreshed, but don’t buy new cabinets just yet. Refurbish your old ones to give them that new look and feel. Remember, spicing up your bathrooms cabinets doesn’t have to cost a lot. Choose your expenses carefully.
5. Small Bathrooms Are All About Wall Space- Storage space is hard to find in a small bathroom. A good way to create storage space in a small bathroom is to sacrifice your wall space, but this doesn’t mean you must sacrifice style! Shelves add storage and don’t have to be traditional looking; in fact, many are pieces of art! You can use decorative glass shelves, stainless steel towel racks, or even standard wood shelves. Stainless steel towel racks can hold anything from a bath sponge, clear storage containers or a potted plant.
Thinking you want to keep it more traditional and use wood shelves? Think about painting the edges or the tops of the shelves an accent color to make them a focal point.
6. Use Under-the-Sink, Open, and Tall Cabinets – Using multiple types of cabinets can help make your cabinets work for your bathroom’s functionality, storage, and design. Tall cabinets can either go from the floor to the ceiling or as a separate unit on your sink’s counter top. These cabinets are great for storing your towels close at hand. The open cabinets allow you to keep your decorative containers of cotton swabs and cotton balls on display with a clutter-free feel and look. It helps frame and contain decorations so that your sink is left looking clean and clutter-free.
7. Personalize Your Bathroom- Don’t be afraid to incorporate yourself into your bathroom! Personalize your bathroom with a few framed pictures or even a canvas print to make the space yours. Small decorative accents can also make the space feel complete and encompass your personality.
8. It’s Okay to Splurge on an Item- If you find or know that there is something you want to splurge on, then find ways to cut back on the cost of something else. Refurbishing is a great way to cut costs!
9. Create an Accent Wall- Save a little money by only tiling one wall. Tiling the wall around the sink or bathtub gives you functionality as well as a great accent wall.
10. Add a Floating Shelf- A floating shelf not only looks great but it also gives you extra storage space! Consider placing a floating shelf in a normally unused space to place your toothbrushes and soap or any fun decorations you want to display!
What does your dream bathroom look like? Let us know below in the comments or on our Facebook page! If you’re still looking for your dream home call us at (618) 791-5024 or at (618) 791-9298 or you can check us out online at http://www.dianamasseyhomes.com! Let us help you find your dream home!